I'm Rick Wilbur and I've Been Serving
Wyoming County Residents My Whole Life!
I've lived in Falls and Exeter Townships for most of my life. As an Exeter Township Supervisor for 18 years, I've been a conservative caretaker of township finances, kept taxes low with balanced budgets and never had a derogatory finding in any of the many audits we've undergone over the years. I took the lead guiding Exeter Township through the tragedy of several floods and brought home over a million dollars for residents for buyouts, cleanup and infrastructure repair. Most recently, I’ve been working tirelessly with FEMA and PEMA to obtain in excess of $200,000 in grant funding to repair Coolbaugh Mountain and Creek Roads that were heavily damaged by the heavy rains in August of 2018. Final approval of these funds is expected by mid September.
I served as an EMT, Ambulance Captain, Treasurer and Trustee for many years with the Falls Hose Company until my children were older and I became more involved in coaching. Through the years I’ve coached baseball, softball and basketball to hundreds of local children and one of the highlights of that time was coaching my daughter’s 13 and 14 year old softball team to a district title. It seems like any time someone needs help because of an accident, illness, fire or any other calamity I’m at the forefront of planning fundraisers to help them out. I’m proud to be so active in my community and will continue being involved as I've done for my whole life.
As your new County Commissioner, I will bring that caring attitude to the courthouse and do everything I can to make Wyoming County a better place to live. I pledge to you that I will continue to roll up my sleeves, work hard and do whatever it takes to solve any problem at hand no matter how big or small. I also promise that I will treat the position of County Commissioner as a full time job and will be a regular at the courthouse. You can't know what's going on if you're not there.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate, Tunkhannock High School, 1972
- Graduate, Keystone Junior College, 1974
- Graduate, Penn State University with degree in Accounting and Economics, 1976
- Extensive post graduate work, Wilkes University in Economics
- 40 years experience as Accountant and Controller, Retired in 2016 after 18 years as Corporate Controller of EASE Diagnostics, a local Automotive Diagnostics manufacturer
- Owner, Wilbur’s Financial Services
COMMUNITY AND POLITICAL INVOLVEMENT
- Former EMT, Ambulance Captain, Treasurer and Trustee of the Falls Fire Company
- Past Youth Baseball, Softball and Basketball Coach and softball umpire
- Actively involved planning dozens of charity fundraisers
- Former board member Exeter Township Medical Center
- Vice Chairman, Wyoming County Republican Party
- Current Chairman, Exeter Township Board of Supervisors.with 18 years of service
- Republican Committeeman, Exeter Township
- Prolific fundraiser for Republican party
- Recipient 2018 Annis Tyler Service Award from Republican Party for Service Above Self
- Son of American Legion, Black Walnut American Legion Post 510
- Member of Tunkhannock Moose Lodge 1276